Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Elimination Communication Continues....

Over the weekend, I finally found a travel potty seat that is working out for us.

It is a Potette Plus seat. The reasons I like it:

  • It folds up but not where baby sits so as not to pinch
  • It also can be a seat on it's own.  It comes w bags so that if you are on a road trip or somewhere where you can't get to an actual toilet, it becomes one on it's own
  • So far, it fits on top of all toilets I've tried.
  • My daughter is comfortable on it and we have had several catches on it!
    • Other fold up seats I've tried, she obviously didn't feel comfortable on.  I think because the other travel seat I got folded up so when she sat on it, it would give a little.  It never did pinch her but I worried it might so we discontinued using that seat.
Our other obstacle we are facing:
We can't find 18 month big girl undies in stores.  I have found some online which seem fine but I prefer buying something like this that I can see in person and kind of eye ball if they will actually fit her.  She is outgrowing 18 month clothing but she is a lean baby so I don't know that 2T would fit her right.

Oddly, I can find 2T undies but if I want the thicker training type undies, I can only find 3T and 4T.  Since I don't know that we will successfully catch all pees in the beginning, I'd much rather use the training undies.

PICTURES: So I am working on getting pictures on here of some of the seats we use.

I highly recommend the type of seats that are saddle shaped so that baby sort of straddles it.  It is just easier and more comfortable for them in the beginning.  I also stick to plain designs.  I don't want the colors, bells and whistles.  I feel like I would have to later "train" her to sit on a regular toilet without the fancy stuff.  You know what I mean?

This was my daughter's first potty.  She doesn't use it much at all now because shortly after getting this, I found a seat that inserts into the actual toilet.  It is kind of a pain to have to clean out a little potty when you can just as easily use the actual toilet and simply flush when done :D
I will be using this seat again soon though.  Once I get more into "training" her, I will keep it on a waterproof pad wherever she happens to be playing to help us have more successful catches.  Also, once she expresses interest in using the potty at night, I might just put this in her room on a waterproof pad so she doesn't have to go into the bathroom (young children in the bathroom alone makes me nervous).
OH!!! Before I forget, during the summer, we often will just have naked time to help me learn her cues better and have more catches.  Last summer, just before my daughter first birthday, she was sitting on this potty and right after she finished, she stood up and RAN to me! Her first steps! :D
It was a very exciting day :)

THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!!
This is an insert by Nuby.  I actually have ONLY seen this at Once Upon a Child (purchased new).  Cleaning out the little Bjorn potty was still easier than clean up w a diaper BUT I am a germ-a-phobe and cleaning and sanitizing after every catch was just getting to be too much.
This is what the Nuby looks like once inserted into your toilet.  I have come across toilets it doesn't fit but usually it fits other toilets.  As you can probably tell though, this is kind of an awkward seat to travel with so we only brought it with us when going to friends/families homes.
PS: Someone recently told me that this photo makes the seat look like a "creepy mouth" lol! Well, this angle just isn't the best I suppose.  My daughter doesn't find it creepy but I had to laugh at the comment because, in this picture, it actually does look like that pink slime thing from Ghostbusters 2 that jumped out of the bathtub!

I haven't taken a picture of the travel seat we just got but here is a link I hope works to take you to it.  So far, we do like it.  I don't LOVE it but we've had catches with it and she seems to like it okay (still prefers her Nuby seat of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment