Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Big Girl Undies!!!

My daughter's undies came in a few days ago.  We still diaper when she sleeps and when we are on the go but at home she wears the undies.  She is amazing!!!

I will say, she does use all of this against me sometimes.  When we sit in time out, she will sign for potty just to be able to get out of time out and sometimes she will even pee so now I keep her potty handy near time out.  I don't use the potty as time out though but if she signs, then I put her on it.  Thankfully, she is still happy w the potty but my hesitation w potty-ing during time out was that she would start thinking that the potty was time out and therefore something negative but haven't had any issues w it.

Last night, she walked into the living room and by the way she was walking, I was just about to ask, "Do you need to go potty?" but before I could she signed.  She did start in her undies but no big deal.  She's still learning how to gauge it.

She is still really good in public, even though she is in diapers in public.  Even today, we were at the park and pretty far from the restrooms and she signed.  I do find that letting her walk seems to help her hold it but she wanted to be carried today.  I got her there, set her up, she still had a dry diaper and she still went in the potty!  So she knows when she needs to go and is usually really good about communicating with us about it.  But is so nice doing this and NOT ever feeling it necessary to discipline or reward her for her potty habits (we do praise her and get excited when she goes, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment