Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dealing with aches and pains of pregnancy


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSFobwvQTg

Quick background about myself:

I'm a licensed massage therapist, specialize in pre and postnatal massage.

I'm also very into nutrition and fitness.

Along w my studies of anatomy and movement, I also have MANY old injuries.  Some caused from rough play (like a jet ski accident, mountain climbing, etc) and others genetic (like that I have an extra lumbar vertebrae which has caused scoliosis plus I also have mild spina bifida).
Despite my injuries and health issues (severe chronic asthma), I stay active.  The more active I am, the better my body feels and functions.

Through pregnancy, I continue my regular fitness routines (modify when needed) which includes yoga.  This morning, I was going to participate in my usual work out routines but my joints have been popping and just hurting in general.  One of the reasons our joints are hurting is from the elastin our bodies are releasing to allow our bodies to open up to eventually let baby out.  Another reasons for the pains we feel is that our bodies are rapidly changing which hurts PLUS with that change, our circulation is changing as well so our muscles are being deprived oxygenated blood they need to function properly.  Massage and movement encourage oxygenated blood to these muscles.

As I was saying about my pain this morning, I was woken up all through the night from the sounds of my joints poppy and the growing discomfort I'm feeling.  So this morning, instead of getting into one of my more strength training routines, I jumped on YouTube to find a video to help me out and found this video.  I just finished it and WOW! I feel so much better so I wanted to share w you!

No comments:

Post a Comment